Good landscaping will make your home look great. That may not come as any great surprise but it can also do a lot to increase the value of your home. By some estimates, you can see the value of your home go up by at least 14% when you improve the look of your landscaping. From getting the right retaining wall design to putting in the best landscape design ideas, there are things you can do to make the most of your outdoor space.
- Think about the seasons. If you live in an area that sees a change in the seasons, you are going to want to take that into consideration when you are planning your landscaping design. The plants that look great in the spring and summer may not work well in the fall and winter. You should make it a point to have plants that will look good through all of the cooler months of the year. This is one reason so many homes in places with colder climates have evergreen trees and bushes around their home. These make homes look great from the street (where people first see your home) all year round.
- Use walkways to connect the different areas in your yard. If you have different focal points around your yard such as a gazebo or outdoor kitchen, rather than have people traipse over your grass, put in walkways. You should factor walkways in when you are thinking about your retaining wall design as well. Walkways do a few things for your property. They add a nice visual to your property and they protect your lawn. When you pick the material, you have a lot of options for walkway materials, make sure you pick one that works well with the exterior of your home.
- Add water to your space. A nice fountain can add a calming touch to your outdoor space. These also come in a lot of looks and styles. The main thing to think about when you are putting in a fountain or other object with water is how much is looks like it belongs in your yard. Some people use their retaining wall design to make a fountain look more natural and pleasant. You may also want to put a seating area near your fountain.
- Think about your retaining wall design. These have a function but they can also serve an aesthetic purpose. You want to think about putting the right plants along the retaining wall to make it all blend together well. Think about the overall look of your outdoor space when you are working on your retaining wall design.
- Think about getting plants that are from your area. There is a reason there are plants that are native to your area. Thousands of years of evolution have made them grow well in the soil and under the weather conditions of your home. That means that it will take less time, energy and water to keep these plants healthy and happy. Adding plants that are normally in your area can make it a lot easier to keep up the design that you have selected.
- Get curvy with it. Adding curves to your yard can do a lot to make it a more relaxing space. Skip the straight lines and make your walkways curve a bit as they connect different features in your home. Make the space around your plants curve a bit to make your space look a little more like a great zen garden. This may make it more likely that you will spend time with friends and family, or even just alone, in your outdoor space and get a chance to relax without leaving home.
For many Americans, the outdoor space around their home is seen as an extension of the house itself. People use their outdoor spaces to entertain, relax and rewind. Homeowners in the United States who have gardens and yards report that they spend a lot of time (six hours or more every week) there. At least 51% say they use their spaces to relax, garden and entertain their friends and family making good landscape design very important to their quality of life.
Trackback from your site.